Associate Business Intelligence AnalystApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
The Business Intelligence team at CBS Interactive works in partnership with business stakeholders, providing actionable insight and recommendations about site and product performance in order to drive user growth, engagement and revenue opportunities.
We are in search of an Associate Business Intelligence Analyst who can partner with stakeholders focusing on key areas to maximize the chances of user growth, quality engagement and profitability. The analyst needs to be comfortable gathering requirements, working in large datasets, querying against multiple databases and/or off-the-shelf analytics packages to arrive at insightful recommendations in addition to presenting and defending his/her recommendations at various levels within the organization.
- Manage reporting requests from start to finish
- Investigate site issues, explain traffic patterns, understand and articulate user behavior
- Clearly present findings and recommendations to decision makers at various levels
- Proactively work on initiatives to drive the business forward
- Create, maintain, and improve process workflows
- Develop, implement, and oversee social media pacing dashboards
- Create video benchmarking model to measure stream success
- Uncover advanced audience readership insights through segmentation
You have –
- 1+ years in an analytical function, preferably in a media or advertising analytics role
- BA/BS in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Marketing, and/or Business
- Strong strategic and analytical ability
- Experience using SQL
- Experience with Adobe Analytics/Omniture or a similar analytics tool
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and present data and information
- Proven ability to learn quickly, work independently, and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build strong working relationships with cross-functional team
- Experience working in the tech or media industry preferred
- Experience in editorial, SEO and social analytics a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled