Assistant Unit Manager (Scheduling Operations)Apply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- The Operations Manager is tasked with streamlining communication and collaboration across departments
- Keeping staff members updated and aware about schedules and assignment
- Assist with the coordinating of recruitment efforts in conjunction with the Managing Editor, helping place advertisements, posting jobs and coordinating budget approvals in a timely and thoughtful manner
- Support the Managing Editor & Senior Producers in communicating with third party contractors relating to freelance/contract workers, facilitating approvals for extensions, support & facilitate feedback meetings when needed
- Help facilitate the on-boarding of new employees/interns, exiting employees & help coordinate equipment issues for existing employees
- Editorial Scheduling
- Coordinates the availability of news employees for the staffing schedule to ensure coverage across the department during regular and breaking news schedules
- Maintains editorial schedule of PTO, sick and comp time counts for the Managing Editor.
- May consult with Senior Producers at the direction of the Managing Editor on weekly schedules, PTO requests, comp days, sick calls, bereavement leave, extra staffing for breaking news, tracks vacation, sick and comp days for staff, etc.
- Oversees Media Manager, Unit Managers and Makeup artists
- Outlines roles, objectives & requirements
- Schedules makeup support in consult with broadcast network manager & orders hair and makeup supplies as necessary.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in broadcast and/or digital
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in operations management
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, deal with intense deadline pressure and continually react to breaking news
- Extensive experience with newsroom scheduling
- Experience with production and operational budgets
- Strong communication skills to work effectively with different departments
- Time management skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and on weekends
- Knowledge about social media and the competitive digital news environment
- Familiarity and working knowledge of digital video production-related techniques and online content management
- Familiarity with ENPS
- Familiarity with media management, editing and other operational systems
- Basic video editing skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled