Assignment Producer, Video/P.M.Apply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
We are the 24/7 entertainment news digital arm of the long-running, Emmy Award-winning syndicated TV series Entertainment Tonight. ETonline has been the No. 1 producer of entertainment video online for more than 2 years straight, according to comScore, and is a top three entertainment news network. We are also preparing for the launch of an ET-branded streaming network in 2018.
We’re looking for a night-side video producer to help manage our video team’s assignments and handle breaking news in the fast-paced environment of ETonline.com.
- Managing a team of 5-6 producers’ daily projects, assigning stories and reviewing scripts for clarity, grammar and overall story structure.
- Providing regular feedback to producers and hosts on their scripts, finished video packages and on-camera work.
- Prioritization of video production, selecting which stories the team does and does not cover, and which stories the team covers first.
- Scripting 1-3 videos daily, as needed, for publication on ETonline.com.
- Reviewing, logging and transcribing incoming footage from original shoots and selecting breakout moments to be turned into video packages.
- Reviewing shoot pitches and making recommendations whether ETonline should cover.
- Working with video editors to ensure finished product reflects scripts, is legally and creatively approved and consistent with all style and brand guidelines.
- Working within SEO guidelines to write well-crafted titles and descriptions.
- Maintaining a consistent brand tone in scripts and finished videos.
- The regular schedule for this role is Sunday-Thursday, 12pm-9pm. Weekend, breaking news or special events coverage may require adjustments or added shifts.
- This is not an on-camera role, though VO reads may be necessary.
- We’re committed to working hard and holding ourselves accountable as we cover breaking news and the tentpole events of the year in the entertainment industry: awards season, summer movie season and fall TV premiere season.
- Increasing unique visitors to the site and audience retention through the quick production of breaking news video.
- Working with show producers and the newsdesk to craft accurate, compelling stories based on Entertainment Tonight’s exclusive reporting.
- In 2018, CBSi plans to launch an ET-branded streaming network. ETonline staff will be deeply involved in developing, producing and distributing content for and from that platform.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- A journalism background in a digital newsroom, specifically 5+ years working in digital video.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- An unironic love of pop culture.
- A competitive nature that thrives in an environment that requires both speed and accuracy.
- Comfort with receiving feedback on both line edits and overall structural changes to the story.
- The ability to multitask.
- Flexibility to reprioritize duties based on breaking news.
You might also have –
- An undeniable appetite and enthusiasm for working in an environment that can be different every day—and an unmistakable sense of urgency and ambition.
- A keen awareness of a digital media landscape that is constantly evolving and adapting as technology changes and audiences shift their attention and how that will affect our brand.
- The ability to keep your calm during a crisis. We’re committed to working hard and holding ourselves accountable but also encouraging the creative, competitive edge that naturally emerges when you actually love where you work. No screaming allowed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled