Android Software EngineerApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: London, United Kingdom
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
We are an enthusiastic group leading the future of consumer and business technologies. Our brands include CNET, Roadshow, Gamespot, Giant Bomb, TVGuide, Metacritic, ZDNet, and TechRepublic, just to name a few!
We are looking for a talented and passionate Android developer to work on the next generation of TV Guide, CNET, GameSpot, ZDNet and TechRepublic Apps. You’ll be responsible with hands-on development and design of all parts of the app development cycle including data management, app business logic and user interface.
- Collaborating with Engineering, Product, Design, Marketing, QA, Operations and Editorial teams.
- Working from PSD designs and written specifications developing products and features for best of breed Android Apps.
- Contributing to core, shared frameworks and extensible code to support multiple brands at scale.
- Complete redesign and overhaul of TVGuide.
- Dynamic, user-based customizations and recommendations across our brands.
- Core framework design and refactoring - Kotlin.
- Developing next generation OTT Applications across our brands.
What you bring to the team:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 3+ years of mobile native software development experience
- In-depth knowledge of Kotlin and Java
- In-depth understanding of Android mobile devices and platforms
- Experience with native Android application development in Kotlin or Java using the Android SDK and mobile design patterns
- Having published and/or contributed to at least one original Android app
- Experience working with REST APIs and third-party libraries
You may also have -
- Intimate knowledge of Android devices, optimizing for various screen sizes
- Knowledge of common design patterns and their application in mobile development
- Experience with JSON and XML
- Experience with VCS (Git)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled