Android Developer (Software Engineer) - CBS News.comApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Collaborate with other mobile and web developers to write good code and develop good frameworks
- Work with Technical project managers to estimate tasks, stories and projects
- Influence day to day product development discussions and design/UX decisions
- Work with backend engineers to define backed Feed APIs
- Successful candidate will be working on one Mobile, Over the top devices applications of CBS News, 24/7 Streaming and other major upcoming audio and auto platform initiatives.
- Play a leading role in all stages of Android development from architecture to coding to final testing.
- Work as part of an Agile team to deliver high quality applications.
- Write clean and elegant code.
- Collaborate with the product team to plan, design and execute new features.
- Expert at Java and Android development
- Good understanding of video and/or audio streaming and players
- Understanding Analytics, Ads and various 3rd party SDKs integration
- Knowledge of client/server architectures, syncing and caching approaches
- Experience writing and debugging multi‐threaded code
- Experience with continuous delivery (automation of all processes throughout the software development lifecycle); e.g. automated builds, automated tests, and automated deployments