Android Developer - MaxPrepsApply
Truly premium content. At true scale. Only CBSi.
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
As America’s source for high school sports, MaxPreps dominates the space in coverage of the hard-earned achievements of student-athletes across the nation. We strive to serve team communities and showcase accomplishments of athletes to families, colleagues, and fans.
We are seeking an experienced Android Developer with a proven track record that will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications for a range of Android devices. The primary focus of the Android Developer will be development of Android applications and their integration with backend services, leading the full lifecycle of the Android software development. The Android Developer will work with the product, UX and engineering teams in a fun sport-centric and agile environment.
- Build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build and ship new features
- Write unit tests for reliability, usability, and handling edge cases
- Fix bugs and improve application performance
- Help maintain code quality and organization
- Build new features to existing applications, and architect new applications
- Improve the consumer experience via innovative ways to increase speed and performance
- Modernize the design implementations to existing applications
- Ensure stability and quality of applications across all heavily used devices
You Have -
- 3+ years of Android development experience
- Acted as a key contributor to at least two publically released native Android applications
- Strong native Android development experience with strong knowledge of the Android SDK, Android Studio, and solid Java development skills
- Deep familiarity with Android Material Design guidelines
- Good understanding of networking, local data caching strategies and multi-tasking on Android
- Deep familiarity with integration of rich media assets, including video, into mobile properties
- Experience integrating ad serving products and analytics/reporting tools into mobile properties
- Collaborated closely with product managers, user interface designers, platform engineers, and multiple groups to define and implement product features.
You might also have -
- Knowledge and interest in sports, sports management, and statistics
- Experience working with sports-related properties
- Continuous Build and Test Automation experience
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.