Analytics QA EngineerApply
Data plays a central role at CBS Interactive, and as part of the Data & Insights Group (DIG), our Measurement Operations team is a crucial part of our success. It drives business, product, and operational decisions by providing rich data, strategic insights and analytical products. We are looking for an Analytics QA Engineer who is passionate about data and entertainment, and who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The position is anchored providing accurate and timely data quality assurance around our growing portfolio of products that offer CBS content on multiple access points, including its increasing Originals’ slate with shows such as Star Trek: Picard, The Good Fight, and Why Women Kill to name a few.
CBS Interactive is looking for a hardworking Analytics QA Engineer to join its Measurement Operations team to help ensure world-class data quality. You’ll work closely with the tracking engineers to gather test requirements, execute test plans, and perform both manual and automated testing on a variety of new and existing applications on web, mobile, and OTT platforms.
The ideal candidate should have the interest and ability to take on advanced QA projects related to the implementation of analytics platforms and data collection.
- Capture test requirements, execute test plans, and perform manual testing on a variety of new and existing applications on web, mobile, and OTT platforms to ensure that analytics implementations are correct and will yield complete and accurate data.
- Support Measurement Operations team in the management of QA, operational, and administrative needs of their assigned projects.
- Perform regression testing and audits/data integrity checks on a regular basis to have better control over the tags deployed across the sites.
- Further develop Measurement Operations QA program to scale our QA efforts as we continue to expand our platform counT
- Conduct QA cycles and data audits to identify tracking gaps/inconsistencies.
- Partner with automation lead to develop and deploy QA automation frameworks for web properties, mobile apps, and OTT platforms.
- Represent the Measurement Operations team in meetings as domain specialist on data quality assurance.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects; verify defect fixes.
- Participate with product and engineering in sprint planning and bug triage efforts.
- Develop and maintain a robust library of test cases for both new and existing features of CBS digital platforms.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process.
- Promote adoption of QA tools and processes, including training and documentation of their use.
- Work with SCRUM and Product leads to secure release timelines
- Ensure test builds are delivered to team members and vendors needing to perform testing
- Prioritize tickets and call out blockers
- Perform QA and sign-off on new or updated implementations
- Document on how to perform QA on all tracking devices and expected output
- Train vendors on how to validate measurement
- Provide clarity into issues discovered and their current status and place in the queue
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- Bachelor's degree in technical or quantitative oriented field.
- Working knowledge of developing QA test plans and strategies, preferably for data/analytics.
- Attention to detail paired with a passion for achieving the utmost data integrity for our tracking.
- Ability to keep and maintain accurate notes and documentation.
- Bug writing and ticket creation skills that result in complete and accurate information for developers
- Interest in learning about measurement tools (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Comscore, Nielsen).
- Working knowledge of how to monitor network traffic using proxying tools (Charles, Wireshark, Chrome DevTools)
You might also have –
- Experience with QA in mobile applications and/or OTT platforms.
- Hands-on experience using automation tools (e.g. Observepoint, BrowserStack, etc.)
- Knowledge of automation frameworks (e.g. Selenium Webdriver, BrowserMob, Appium, etc).
- Agile/Scrum experience and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence.
- Testing experience with mobile applications and OTT platforms using debugging tools (e.g. ADB/Xcode).
- Knowledge of release and regression testing methodologies.
- Ability to define standard methodologies for testing tools.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.