Analytics Implementation EngineerApply
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world’s largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive’s brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
- Translate business questions from partners into detailed tracking specifications across all international platforms, including web, mobile app and emerging platforms such as OTT devices, gaming consoles and smart tvs.
- Play a critical role in the enablement of meaningfuldesigned analysis of the company's user experience and audience behaviors across our digital properties.
- Ensure that all new and existing products and features have accurate measurement by validating the measurement on each device and validating that all reports are populating as designed.
- Communicate optimally to end users of the analytics platform how to retrieve the data needed to answer business questions.
- Operate in a fast-paced environment where you will be responsible for driving multiple analytics solution design projects in parallel.
- Creative problem solving skills, including the ability to articulate high-level technical solutions.
- Easily communicate and break down highly complex data problems into simple, feasible solutions.
- Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of analytics implementation projects
- Monitor the integrity of data feeds we provide our various end users.
- Partner with multiple clients to develop and execute appropriate measurement and tagging plans for Adobe Analytics to satisfy analytics use cases.
- Perform data quality audits, QA tags, identify data collection issues, suggest improvements and work to implement fixes.
- Develop QA plans and documentation of use cases, tracking specs and QA results.
- Provide thought leadership for data collection and ways to standardize across a global environment.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports
- Act as a liaison between business owners and application development teams.-
- Effectively communicate the impact and correct prioritization of tracking bugs, enhancements and issues
- Ensure that third party tracking such as comScore and Nielsen are validated for each release
- Experience serving in a data modeling and data architect role for enterprise data modeling across multi-domain, multi-subject areas using Inmon and/or Kimball methodologies
- Create and analyze reports that validate data is populating
- Perform QA and sign-off on new or updated implementations
- Create and maintain documentation such as data inventories to assist users with reports
- Possess good technical acumen, with fundamental knowledge of key cloud technologies and tools (AWS, Azure, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes) and video engineering (video compression, AAC video and audio codec standards, live and VOD content delivery). This knowledge doesn’t need to be practical, but at a level of understanding needed to lead development or release tasks, and identify and resolve issues in projects as they arise.
- Build effective and mutually beneficial relationships with all clients, partners, vendors and developer.
- Bachelor's degree in technical or quantitative oriented field.
- Ability to analyze data to identify work you're doing, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
- Working knowledge of how analytics data is extracted and used within reporting tools.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, as well as translating business requirements into technical specs for developers.
- Strong problem solving and creative-thinking skills.
- Experience with QA in mobile applications and/or OTT platforms.
- Experience developing solutions for tag deployment through tag management systems (Tealium, Adobe Launch)
- Some hands-on experience and implementation expertise with Adobe Analytics (formerly Omniture Site Catalyst) tool or similar analytics platform.
- Agile experience and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence.
- History of successful technical consulting and/or architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises, preferably in the media industry
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.