Analytics Implementation EngineerApply
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world’s largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive’s brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
- Translate business questions from partners into detailed tracking specifications across all international platforms, including web, mobile app and emerging platforms such as OTT devices, gaming consoles and smart tvs.
- Play a critical role in the enablement of measurable analysis of the company's user experience and audience behaviors across our digital properties.
- Ensure that all new and existing products and features have accurate measurement by validating the measurement on each device and validating that all reports are populating appropriately.
- Work closely with the Product Analytics team to identify analysis needs, resolve tagging issues affecting analysis and develop solutions to continue providing value to the product teams and other partners.
- Operate in a fast-paced environment where you will be responsible for driving multiple analytics solution design projects in parallel.
- Communicate and break down highly complex data problems into simple, feasible solutions.
- Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of analytics implementation projects
- Partner with multiple clients to develop and execute appropriate measurement and tagging plans for Adobe Analytics to satisfy analytics use cases.
- Perform data quality audits, QA tags, identify data collection issues, suggest improvements and work to implement fixes.
- Develop documentation of use cases, tracking specs and QA results.
- Provide thought leadership for data collection and ways to standardize across a global environment and assist in establishing governance standard methodologies.
- Act as a liaison between business owners and application development teams.
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years work experience in analytics implementation or consulting.
- Expert level user of digital Analytics solutions such as: Adobe Analytics (omniture) or Google Analytics
- Direct involvement with developing and implementing measurement plans and tagging strategies, as well as the ability to QA analytics implementations.
- Knowledge of how analytics data is extracted and used within reporting tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, as well as translating business requirements into technical specs for developers.
- Entrepreneurial, digitally savvy, creative and experimental in the approach to problem solving, with exceptional analytical skills.
- Solid client management skills – experience agency side and/or supporting large, diverse internal client groups.
- Experience developing solutions with tag management systems (Tealium, Adobe Launch)
- Agile experience and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with mobile app and video measurement implementations.
- Adobe Analytics processing rules proficiency.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.