Agile Project Manager, CBS Sports AppApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
We are seeking a do-it-all project manager to drive effective product development for the CBS Sports App (used by millions daily!), with our team located in Kansas City, MO and Sydney, Australia. You’ll be fostering a high performing team culture to help us innovate on the leading sports app in market. We are a passionate, small team that operates nimbly like a small business within a larger organization.
- Create an execution oriented work culture, fostering communication, teamwork and doing what’s best for the customer and business
- Lead agile ceremonies - run planning, stand-up, retrospective and demo meetings as well as ensuring that sprint documentation materials (such as the backlog, scrum board, etc) are maintained (Scrum Master). Create just the right amount of process and structure.
- Influence engineers, designers, product managers and QA on their interactions with each other to improve communication and ensure alignment.
- Bridge geographic boundaries & time zones
- In addition to Project Management, you’ll be helping test and conduct quality assurance - you have no problems getting your hands dirty in testing.
- Redesign and modernization of the CBS Sports Android App
- Premium video experiences
- Personalization of favorite team news, data and alerts
- Live, fast, robust scores and statistics
- 3+ years experience in the Scrum Master role in leading software development projects
- Outgoing personality. You’ll be influencing others and be a critical part of making our workplace fun and energetic.
- Ability to motivate others
- Excellent understanding of the psychology of teams and organizations and experience in coaching people and solving conflicts.
- Some experience testing and conducting quality assurance
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.