CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Maintain an effective control environment to ensure that financial transactions are processed in an accurate and efficient manner to support timely and meaningful financial reporting. This financial information is communicated to executive management and other decision makers to assist them in making resource allocation decisions.
This exciting opportunity is ready for the right person where you will be handling various functions in the Accounting GL/Reporting team.
- Order and contract review in order management system Operative One
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close processes
- Prepare accounting related journal entries & Balance sheet reconciliations
- Processing order uploads into Oracle system
- Supporting the Revenue Group’s Sr. Accountants
- Participate in quarterly SOX audit & testing
- Assist external auditors in reviewing processes and workflow by providing reports and supporting documentation, and by contributing personal knowledge and analysis.
- Assist in formulating, implementing and maintaining accounting policies and internal procedures
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement
- Complete special projects and analyses as directed by management.
You have --
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related area of studies
- 1-3 years of related private industry or public accounting experience
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and build strong relationships across the organization
- Demonstrate strong analytical, organizational, creative, and critical thinking skills
- Able to execute multiple tasks under pressure and tight deadlines
- Can work efficiently and effectively in a team atmosphere
- Ability to work independently and with team members in remote locations
- Solid MS Office skills with strong knowledge in Excel.
You might also have --
- Experience with Oracle Financials or similar ERP systems
- Experience with accounting treatment for new media and related reporting is a huge plus
- Salesforce Experience ideal
- CPA or CPA candidate with Big 4 experience a plus
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.