Account Manager - CBS Interactive Tech, Games and LifestyleApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
The Account Manager will be responsible for supporting the sales team in planning, executing and monitoring the online advertising programs of CBS Interactive’s customer base. This individual will work with a designated Sales team to ensure flawless campaign planning and execution as well as provide optimal client service support for assigned Advertisers and Agencies. The Account Manager will serve as the primary point of contact for client inquires and requests pertaining to their advertising programs. This includes: preparing sales proposals and client presentations, collecting and presenting research information, providing the clients with information concerning rates, advertising creative deadlines, technical specifications, and inventory availability, and tracking impression delivery. Additionally, the Account Manager will work closely with clients to maximize effectiveness of their advertising campaigns.
- Work with Sales team and other departments to assist in the creation of client proposals, presentations, and Media Plans.
- Verify inventory availability throughout the sales process
- Create internal Orders and Insertion Orders and adhere to defined business processes
- Communicate ad specifications and creative lead times to advertisers/Agencies
- Collect creative from client, verify specifications and follow defined creative/Traffic process
- Create and traffic accurate campaigns in ad delivery system and implement any necessary creative changes/optimizations.
- Monitor campaigns and ensure campaign delivery Manage campaign performance and make optimization recommendations
- Provide clients/sales with any necessary campaign reporting
- Interact with Accounting department in regard to Client Credit and Billing requests/issues
- Provide Sales administrative/Account related support.
- Sell, maintain, and service existing accounts primarily through telephone sales calls.
- Continually prospect for new clients and secure incremental revenue through closing new business.
- Develop strong client relationships over the phone and email, work with Account Executive to transition where appropriate business to inside/outside coverage.
- Create and/or review sales reports, campaign reports and forecasts.
- Successful candidates will also demonstrate a willingness to take charge and work forcefully to achieve results, despite obstacles. They will set and own territory sales agenda including the following:
- Grow territory/account revenue to meet and exceed revenue goals
- Prioritizing and organizing sales calls for maximum dollars.
- Review RFP proposals and make recommendations
- Lead the development of account and territory strategies for long term revenue growth
- Secure strategic level relationships with client contacts within the account list or territory region
- Qualify potential advertiser and when appropriate coordinate meetings between outside sales person and clients
- Coordinate with and direct account coordinator in resolving territory maintenance issues
- Coordinate regularly with Inside Sales Director regarding sales tactics and execution
- Accurate and timely communication to manager of all relevant information regarding revenue and/or advertiser relationships
- Complete regular call reports to update sales management on account activity
You have –
- BS/BA degree or equivalent training and experience
- 2+ years media experience required
- 2+ years media planning required
- Proficiency in excel and other data specific software
- Understanding of the current media landscape – programmatic, 3rd parties, the OTT space, social activation
- Ideal candidates will have an understanding of high tech and consumer marketing. They will understand how the web is impacting marketplaces and companies’ business models. They will demonstrate an ability to think creatively, sell strategically, and communicate efficiently internally and externally. They will have a strong desire to win, and to continually develop their personal and professional skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to manage stress well, and juggle multiple account challenges at once
- 1+ years of high tech advertising sales experience
- 6 months of on-line sales preferred
- Outstanding telephone skills
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- Proven sales and account service achievements
- Creative thinking is a must
You might also have –
- A desire to attend events, dinners, social client gatherings
- A desire to travel (limited but possible)
- Knowledge CBSi brands and divisions
- Knowledge about broadcast planning and selling.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled