API Backend Software EngineerApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Design, build, and support high performance, scalable, and innovative backend systems/services.
- Develop backend APIs, implement system instrumentation, and provide documentation
- Work closely with other engineers and product management teams to meet fixed deadlines.
- Work in all phases of a rapid product development lifecycle.
- Migrate our API services/systems to cloud infrastructures and software
- Find smarter ways to serve our content, whether algorithmically or possibly machine learning
- Discover reliable ways to manage, store, and secure our data around the globe
- 3+ Years product software development
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design, data structures, and algorithms
- Solid Java, Linux, Shell scripting, Python ability
- Effective communication skills
- Experience with RDBMs
- Experience with NoSQL solutions
- Experience with Search Technologies
- Experience with Distributed Systems (both in system design and data storage)
- Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, cloud environments (GCP, AWS, etc.) a plus
- Working knowledge of build tools a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled