Director Digital Publicity & Social MediaApply
CBS Films is a multifaceted studio handling the development, financing, production and marketing of theatrical motion pictures. Specializing in original small to medium sized titles, CBS Films releases to date include, “Hell or High Water,” “Patriots Day,” “American Assassin,” The DUFF,” “The Woman in Black,” and, “Last Vegas.”
CBS Films is looking for an experienced and motivated Director with a proven track record conceiving, analyzing and delivering results from social media and digital publicity campaigns for movies or television. The person in this role will be a key member of the highly efficient CBS Films Digital Marketing Team. They will also collaborate on the creation of hundreds of pieces of content, numerous publicity opportunities and the narrative and release timelines for both areas on each release. This role demands a well-organized and creative individual who is comfortable dealing with creative shops, social influencers, press outlets and talent representatives. This role is about making each dollar and minute spent worth ten times its face value.
- Responsible for working with the team to create and then overseeing domestic digital publicity and social media plans.
- Establish and track budgets, outlet mix, optimization.
- Work across the division, distribution partners and CBS Corporation to coordinate strategy and execution of cross promotions.
- Coordinate with multiple vendors on the creation and implementation of a digital brand and marketing narrative for each title.
- Work with counterparts at YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Twitter and Apple on each film’s platform presence.
- 3+ years’ executive experience at a film studio, television network or industry media agency.
- 5+ years’ experience in the entertainment industry.
- Strong organizational and communicational skills.
- A demonstrable competence in relevant computer skills and digital design.
- Deep familiarity with the entertainment media landscape and a strong network of relationships with relevant journalists.
- DNA-level knowledge of social media with a passion for imagining where the space is heading.
- An empathetic and collaborative mindset. This is a team that earns wins through disciplined preparation and hard work, go-it-alone, know-it-all geniuses need not apply.
- Above everything else, applicant must love movies.